Sunday, June 29, 2014

A long long day with many rewards.

It's been a long long day, it started in Detroit followed by this in Charlotte, NC
I'm leaving on a jet plane
The food on the US Air was the worst ever, the kid behind Renee was throwing up, otherwise an uneventful flight.  The flight was followed by renting a car and multiple traffic jams trying to get around Germany.  Light rain and lots of accidents.  It's been a few years since I drove a stick shift and a few more years since I drove in Germany, and I am glad I was not the root cause of any of the traffic problems.  Once we got going we stopped in Wurzburg Germany to stretch our legs before getting back on the road.
Wurzburg, Germany
While on the road we "remembered" the hard way that nothing but gas stations are open.  No chance to buy water or fruit for the drive or our hotel room.  We did make it to Rothenburg where we found our hotel, walked a few miles around town, had coffee and tea outside and then walked some more and then had a nice dinner.  I then when out and walked some more and had a beer.  I'm now back in the hotel with Renee and all is well in the world.
Our hotel, Rothenburg, GermanyColorful half timbered house, Rothenbug, GermanyStreet Photo, Rothenburg, GermanyLife is good and God loves me
I did a 7:30 walk of the fortified wall around Rothenburg, what a great way to see the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment