Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 2 in Strasbourg - Renee's Birthday and Bill's difficult choice

We are staying in an "Apartment" hotel in Strasbourg (much like what our son manages) and breakfast is not included (nor desired). So my first day I went out looking for a place to buy breakfast and I found an artisanal baker that has great pastries, but does not offer coffee.  So I had to choose between good coffee and OK pastries and great pastries and coffee in my room (the coffee I made was good).  We then walked into town for a bit of sightseeing and came back to the hotel and Renee called some friends.  The "old" plan was thrown out and we were invited for dinner.  So we had a few hours to kill so we drove by our old house and Renee said hello to our old neighbor. To our shock she invited us in (when we were neighbors something about rich, fat Americans was said), We had a great visit and enjoyed it immensely, I even understood half of what was said. We then stopped for a coffee and tea and a short walk and realized we would be later for our dinner date if went back to the hotel. So we found wine and flowers and headed to our friends. Great conversation and a nice meal capped the perfect first day.
The Birthday Girl 101_0293

No comments:

Post a Comment