Saturday, July 19, 2014

Wrapping up three weeks of vacation in Europe

They say all good things must come to an end, but I'm not sure.  The vacation is over, but the experience will truly last and bring me back again.  The last few days have been "unplanned" and you get what you plan for.  #1 thing to ask when reserving nice expansive hotels in Germany in July is "do you have air conditioning?".  It's above 85 outside and we have an otherwise nice hotel (that we reserved 3 weeks ago) and it does not have AC (and yes I feel like a spoiled American).  We drove along the Rhine and stopped in a few small towns and Wiesbaden, Germany on our path back to the airport in Frankfurt.  Part of me says it's time to go home and party of me would enjoy continuing the trip for a few more months.  Any way I look at it, I have been blessed with  a great travel companion, good friends, friendly strangers and the opportunity to see some spectacular parts of the world.  Now I think it's time to plan 2015, someplace out-west in the good old USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment