Monday, September 27, 2021

Date Land to Gila Bend

The Date Land RV Park was aged and the bathroom was a reminder to update my tetanus shot.  On the plus side the location was good and the price was right.  As far as sleep, I got little between the heat an trains running through every hour or so.  We woke at 5am for a 6am departure.  The air was finally cool when we started riding to Gila Bend.  The ride was the quietest so far, I think Jim and I were just sleep deprived.  At the 20 mile mark we found “The Middle of Nowhere Gas and Market” and stopped for 2nd breakfast.  This is a 40s gas station with nice staff and the essentials.  The rest of the ride was uneventful, we did see a solar collector system that was the large enough to take 10 minutes to cycle past.

With 50 miles down we arrived in Gila Bend before noon.  Our space age hotel was not ready so we stopped for lunch.  After getting into our room and a quick shower, I went on the hunt for a few fruits and vegetables.  The hunt resulted in buying out the Gila Foot Mart of all their fruits and vegetables- 4 bananas.

We stopped at a local Italian restaurant, I ordered lasagna and the food was good and filling.

*The two things I have found as we pass through small towns:
1)  Fruits and vegetables are hard to come by
2) Food in these small towns costs multiples of the same items in my hometown 







Bikes at the Space Age Best Western 
Neat sculptures in Gila Bend


Our hotel 






No comments:

Post a Comment