Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Recalculating & Sunburn Protection

Recalculating: Adventure Cycling changed the route between El Centro and Phoenix, so we have downloaded the RideWithGPS maps and figure stops. The good news is the longest section without services is 60 miles (vs 85). Services are things like water taps…

Sunburn Protection: Prior to the trip I purchased the following to protect the pale white guy from sunburn:

Da Brim - helmet add on with a brim to keep sun off my neck and face.  So far it has done the job well!  I still use SPF50 as a backup.

White Sun Leggings - Ugly as sin, they feel warm putting them on but keep sun off my legs.  Good sun protection and I suspect between evaporation and reduced sun load they help keep me cool.  Another winner!

Haines long sleeve sun shirts (yellow and gray) - UPF50 seems to do the trick, 8 plus hours in the southern sun and no burns, no red skin.  My Best Buy at 2 for $20.  What’s missing, a pocket for my phone and wallet.  I need to pick up a small pouch…

No comments:

Post a Comment