Friday, October 15, 2021

Marfa to Marathon, oh never mind too much wind let’s stop in Alpine

 Our plan today was to ride from Marfa, TXto Alpine, grab some lunch and head to Marathon.  We started riding about 8:30 and had a strong headwind.  The wind kicked up a few notches and shifted from side to side.  Just keeping the bike stable was hard work.  We arrived in Alpine (26 of a planned 56 miles) sand found the restaurant Bread & Breakfast.  We had 2nd breakfast and looked at the weather.  Things would not improve much until late in the day so we decided to stay.  A little rest and some bike maintenance will do us good.

*The joy of peeing in the middle of the night:  Last night was tent camping at 44f and a clear sky, I had been rehydrating from the 75 mile ride.  Sometime in the middle of the night I opened the tent for the walk to the toilet and I was greeted with one of the most spectacular night skies I have seen.  The milky way was in full display and truly billions of stars.  Glad I had to get up and see it.



 


Check out my ride on Strava.
https://strava.app.link/8J0RxMybokb



No comments:

Post a Comment