Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Seminole Canyon State Park to Del Rio - more winds few hotels

Last night was warm and windy with gusts in the 30s, my Nemo one-man tent held up fine, but flapped loudly in the wind all night.

Today we enjoyed a chef prepared breakfast and great coffee at Seminole Canyon State Park complaints of TDA.  We departed about 10am into a 17mph headwind.  Jim and I traded pulling (guy in front does more work then the guy behind drafting) every 2 miles.  Still we averaged less than 10mph (the winds were bad enough TDA decided to shuttle their folks to Del Rio.

We arrived to discover that almost all the hotel rooms were booked by Boarder Patrol & National Guard.  They are addressing the boarder issues until Congress does it’s job, so hotel space could be limited for a long time.  We found a real dive (Cielito Hills Motel) that should be avoided at the cost of another 20 miles of headwinds.  After buying a few new spare tubes, chain lub and some fresh fruits, I worked on cleaning up my bike ( a daily task).  We did a DQ dinner and then I headed to the laundromat, all my clothes are now clean!  A good way to end the day.







Check out my ride on Strava.
https://strava.app.link/ZsOmgZaWukb


No comments:

Post a Comment