Monday, October 11, 2021

New Rim testing

 After I had my rim replaced, Jim and I headed from Silver City to Deming New Mexico.  We biked the 50+ miles and arrived in Deming about 11am.  Found “breakfast” at a diner in a gas station (it was actually very good - surly waitress and all) and then looked at around Deming.  Lots of not much was our conclusion and we were both fresh so we jumped on the bikes and headed to Las Cruces NM, another 60 miles down the road.  We completed the ride well before 5pm with 114 miles. My new rim and freshly turned bike ran flawlessly and surprisingly I also felt good but very hungry!  One side note about doing laundry immediately after a long ride - don’t forget to add laundry detergent 🙄.

Today was supposed to be an Easy 50ish miles from Las Cruces to El Paso.  Because of boarder issues we decided to go a bit past El Paso to Clint TX.  73 miles would not have been too bad, the 25mph cross winds made it far more “interesting” then I would have liked. In the end we made it in safely (Best Western Clint) and found a decent meal at the restaurant next door.  


A vineyard along the ride near El Paso

A pecan orchard near the Rio Grande, I saw they were flooding the fields with water.  I am not sure where the water comes from, the Rio Grande was dry

Me with the Rio Grande in the background.  I was told some water flows below the sand, but it looks bone dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment