Saturday, November 13, 2021

Chipley to Midway to Madison, FL - long days

 Yesterday was an 85 mile day and today was 77 miles.  This is not based on grit, it’s based in the distance to the next hotel.  Lots of restaurants and stores along the way, but few hotels.  The riding has been good, not too much traffic, good pavement and bike lanes most of the way.

We are now on Eastern Standard Time and down to a few hundred miles to go.  My odometer is at 2844.





Madison, FL

Theodore Roosevelt statue in Madison 
Neat looking schoolhouse along the route

Our lunch stop today, the shepherds pie was good
My dinner stop, the meal was fine, the chocolate cake was great!
Franklin Roosevelt’s four freedoms 
Well worth reading 
The monument that should replace all of the Jim Crow monuments

My Gurber Dime, used many times to remove wire and glass from my tires.  
The four freedoms statute 



Check out my ride on Strava.
https://strava.app.link/aIV60Owialb


Check out my ride on Strava.
https://strava.app.link/QFQ70QAialb


No comments:

Post a Comment