Friday, November 5, 2021

Sad news on a fellow cyclist, struggling with Christian Love

 Late last night I found out that Kent Wosepka died while cycling the Southern Tier (San Diego to St. Augustine), the same route I am following.  I do not know Kent, but I have followed his adventures on Strava the few weeks.  We started from the same hotel in Navasota on October 30th and traded messages.  Kent was traveling with two friends.  He was hit a few miles behind where I was riding and other people I know who were also riding the Southern Tier witnessed the crash and provided aid (including the Adventure Cycle America group staff - doing the same route but we are not “together”)

News article about the crash:  https://abc13.com/driver-slams-into-cyclists-bicyclist-injured-cyclist-killed-liberty-county/11189142/

Here is where I struggle, I have been surrounded by and kept going by the kindness of strangers, people following the simple commandment: Love thy neighbor as thyself.  

It’s simple to believe in the abstract, but I struggle when the reality is the driver could of as easily killed me.  I know I should love him, but right now I am struggling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment