Monday, November 8, 2021

Vancleave, MS to Dauphin Island AL

 Today started cold but my tent was dry.  We were camping behind the bathrooms at a ball field.  I brewed a coffee and ate breakfast from my supplies and we hit the road.  Light traffic and smooth roads were the majority of the ride. Along the way we saw cypress swamps, longhorn steer, a road-kill alligator and ended on Dauphin Island with a view of the Gulf.  We  found a room at the Gulf Breeze motel and walked to the Pelican Pub for dinner, I had reds (shrimp) and they were tasty (after 2 days of 70+ mile rides I was still hungry so I also did a subway sandwich)

Tomorrow we are doing a lighter day…


Video of Dauphin Island Bridge ride


Me crossing the line


Pre-dinner 

Dauphin Island 

Our Vancleave, MS stealth camping site 


https://strava.app.link/0ol8Gh511kb





No comments:

Post a Comment